Thursday, March 26, 2009

Toy Cars for 2 ‘Big Kids’

M got wind that the Ferrari drivers will appear at the City Square this morning about a couple of weeks ago. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go at the start of the week because I was worried about my dad’s operation. (He was operated on Tuesday and will blog about it in another post.) I was up for it when we got up this morning but we took our sweet time getting there. That’s partly because I thought the info M received was dodgy. That was until I saw the growing crowd gathering at the City Square. By the time we got there we were too late for the best spots.

Here are some photos:



Here is Vince Colosimo welcoming the drivers: Kimi and Felipe

Kimi Raikkonen was awake and spoke quite a few words!


This is probably last year’s car.

When we got to the City Square, a small group of International Students suddenly cut in front of us from out of nowhere. They were super excited. A girl was clutching two toy cars while two guys around her tried to grab it off her. M began looking around to see where the student got the cars. I was dreading that because I didn’t want to spend money on Grand Prix merchandise. We were looking for a good vantage point when we came upon a tent where two ladies were giving away toy cars. M received one before I arrived and when I approached, one of the ladies gave me one as well. So, we got two. Despite being a year apart, M and I do not look like a couple and we sometimes play that game to confuse people. The toy cars are not those fancy, pricey metal die-cast vehicles. These are just basic plastic ones.

By the way, I wish to declare to everyone who reads this blog that we are NOT Ferrari fans. I am definitely not very fond of Kimi Raikkonen.

No comments: