Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Just a Quick Report

I promise to try my very best to not whinge. After two weeks of brief stays at the hospital to monitor various things, my father had his first knee replacement surgery a week ago (24/03). It was originally scheduled for the 21st of March but was postponed. The first week of recovery was interesting to put it mildly. Among other things, my dad experienced shortness of breath and was feverish for a day or so. Yesterday my poor dad was told off for not sitting up. Was I whingeing for revealing that? Oh, dear! I spoke to my mum at least once a day for the last few weeks. A lot of the things I heard made me realise the importance of looking after one’s health and the need for everyone to understand the workings of the human body. Being a crappy daughter who didn’t offer her dad access to 1st class health care, I wish him a speedy recovery. The physiotherapist finally turned up yesterday. (Yes, yes I am grateful.) Hopefully this means that my dad will be up and about soon.

No comments: