Thursday, August 7, 2008

Good Dream Marks 3 Months

I really wasn’t looking forward to the 7th of August. It marks 3 months since our little Guinea Pig went away and it also marks a week since I saw that dreadful Today Tonight episode. Surprisingly, I dreamt about my little Piggy friend early this morning. It wasn’t a nightmare. It was a good dream. In the dream, I was in the backyard standing in front of a Guinea Pig home. (Funnily, the home is exactly the same as the one that I had designed in my mind, if we ever live in a house with a backyard.) I called out for him and he came to me like how he used to. As he approached the fence between us, I stood back and told myself that he couldn’t possibly be my Guinea Pig because our little one passed away not long after he turned 5. Then M appeared in my dream out of nowhere to reassure me that the Guinea Pig was indeed our little friend. I was so happy. He was very happy to see me too.

The dream turned the day into a good one. Instead of staying home to cry, we managed to get the groceries done and I also bought a new photo frame for an enlarged photo of our Guinea Pig. I have always wanted to frame some of his photos but never got around doing it because I couldn’t bear to look at him. Today felt like the right day to do it. Now, he will be here symbolically to witness the opening ceremony of the Olympics in China.

No comments: