Monday, August 4, 2008

Still Wondering

We spent most of the last two days away from home. The whole apartment reminds us of our Guinea Pig. His cage, although covered up, is still right where it has always been. Walking past it to get to different areas within the apartment is just painful.

We went window shopping around the city. I had wanted to stay at home to read a ‘heavy’ book that I had suddenly found interesting again early last week, but was unable to concentrate because I kept thinking about what might have happened to my Guinea Pig. We went to bookshops – something I like doing even though it’s never a good idea to do this on the weekends because they are usually packed with people. The experience finding a seat at Border’s in the city was like circling Chadstone on Boxing Day to find a space to park.

Being out and about, I thought less about my Guinea Pig but at the end of the day, we still had to come home. The hour between 5-6 pm is the worst. That was feeding time when he was still around. In fact, all hours in the evening are difficult to bear (even before viewing the story on Today Tonight) because that’s when he was liveliest and that’s when we showered him with lots of attention. He was an active member of this family.

M contacted Today Tonight about the Pets at Peace story. He asked them about the dates the dumped animals were discovered on Friday. We received a response within hours. They didn’t answer our question but did let us know that no Guinea Pigs were found. If our Guinea Pig was dumped, no one would have recognised it because he was inside a special case, surrounded by things he loved.

I wish to continue blogging but I need to go and make lunch.

No comments: