Wednesday, August 20, 2008

$9.98 for a Photo Book @ Big W

A fellow Blogger recently ordered a photo book for her little boy’s birthday. It was filled with photos of her son’s artwork. Of the pages that I saw, the book looked impressive. So when I saw the introductory offer of $9.98 for a Photo Book advertised in the latest Big W catalogue, we decided to check it out before the offer ends. The price for this 8” x 8” soft cover photo book after the promotion is $22.46. The 20-page photo book can accommodate between 19 – 100 photos.

It took us over two hours to create the photo book. This is partly because I wanted to make sure the photos I had selected for each page were just right. While I was zooming in, zooming out and auto correcting each photo, poor M was seated to my left and to his left were two men with extreme body odour. I could smell it but luckily M blocked most of it from me. Whenever I asked him for his opinion of a photo I was working on, I turned to see a face that was trying really hard to look friendly and totally unaffected by the air around him. LOL. As soon as the lady using the machine to my right left, M abandoned his seat to stand to my right. The fresher air was a much needed temporary relief for him. LOL.

Just before paying the guy at the counter, we were told that the photo book would be ready in 14 days. That was fine by us. The theme for our very first photo book is of course our little Guinea Pig. If it turns out great, I will blog about it later.

No comments: