Saturday, September 26, 2009

Super Soaked - Grand Final Day 09

Without our own big size plasma screen or mini cinema, we have been heading to Fed Square to watch the Grand Final matches since 2007. Due to the lousy weather, this year's crowd was pretty thin.

During the Pre-match Entertainment bit, Jimmy Barnes sang and then John Farnham appeared and sang "You're The Voice". Jimmy Barnes even joined in the chorus. I especially enjoyed the kids singing the new version of "I Still Call Australia Home" but I kept my feelings private because I didn't know how the crowd would react to it.

The rain was really starting to pour just before half time. So we decided to head home and watch the rest of the game from home. The dude sitting to my left must have been thoroughly relieved to see us leave. He was so uncomfortable to be next to someone like me but his discomfort was nothing to compare to the utter disgust he had for 4 Indians who popped in briefly to enjoy the game during the second quarter. LOL (There really is no point in getting angry at people like this dude and his friends. I am simply too tired right now to even bother.) We went back to Fed Square again after dinner for the winning team's brief appearance. The place was quite packed.

How I wish that it is the Blues standing up there tonight and not Geelong. It has been such a long time since Carlton won the Grand Final. I just wish to celebrate their win at Fed Square before we move.

No comments: