Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Exhaustion Due To Too Many Dreams

I have not been sleeping very well in the last 8/9 days. Although I basically sleep the usual number of hours each night, I still wake up exhausted because I spend the whole time dreaming. The kind of dreams that are most tiring are the ones that are very vivid and the stories tend to be filled with emotions. Sometimes a dream continues with a second episode if I get up in the middle of it. Other times I just experience a different dream every time I stir or move to a different position. When I get up in the morning, one of the first things I usually do is to tell M about my dreams. He rarely remembers his own dreams and finds the content of my dreams totally weird! After reading one of my favourite blogger’s post on her chickens/roosters recently, I promptly dreamt about shopping for chicks that very night. In the dream the chicks actually looked more like Guinea Pigs!

Even though I may sound weird because I write posts about missing my Guinea Pig, I am not on any medications other than taking fish oil capsules and Vitamin B Complex tablets when I remember to. I stated this because I read somewhere that people experiencing vivid dreams could be reacting to medications that they are taking.

With the arrival of Spring, my sleep is also easily distracted at this time of the year. If I do get up from a bad dream early in the morning, I usually don’t get to return to bed again because my nose will start to flow. Every year I wish that I have somehow cured myself. This year, I have managed to stay free of Hay Fever for 12 days since the arrival of Spring. Rhinocort is a best friend because it gives me a bit of relief without making me drowsy.

I think I will head to bed earlier. I just want to be rested before the Hay Fever symptoms come knocking early in the morning. As for the dreams, I don’t really know what to do about them. I sometimes try to get out of bad dreams, if I do get up midway, by tricking myself into thinking about a project I am working on but it doesn’t always work and at this time of the year, my conscious thoughts would only invite my nose to start flowing!

No comments: