Monday, September 7, 2009

Lost and Found

Way back in July when I was cleaning out the fish tank, I misplaced a photo of our Guinea Pig. This was one of the first photos I took of our Guinea Pig when we first bought the digital camera and we printed it out with our old printer. After rediscovering it before Christmas last year, I had placed it along with other mementos next to the fish tank. A day or two after cleaning the fish tank in July, I suddenly realised that the photo was not where it should have been. I looked everywhere for it. I even looked inside the bins thinking that it might have been accidentally thrown out. M also got blamed along the way. I felt quite sad but at the same time I also felt that I had placed it somewhere safe for some reason.

-

I took a break from all the cleaning on Saturday (05/09) to flip through one of the Montessori manuals to check out one of the basic grammar activities for introducing Verbs using a farm setting. Instead of pulling out my box of Schleich animals to see what examples of phrases I could use, I went to look for the catalogue instead. The plastic drawer where I had placed the Schleich catalogue was quite full and I had to move things around to look for it. I can’t remember what item I had moved when I saw a familiar face staring back at me. It was my Guinea Pig! It was the photo that I had been looking high and low for. LOL. The photo was indeed stored away safely in this drawer. After studying the Montessori manual a little, I came back to the drawer to double check and see if the photo was indeed there and it was. It is now placed temporarily next to the pouch holding his urn.

No comments: