Friday, June 5, 2009

Show & Tell: Two ‘Extra Large’ Yo-yos


I finally sat down to test-drive the Clover brand “Quick” Yo-Yo Maker the other day. The gadget is indeed a quick and easy way to make nicely shaped yo-yos. I am pretty happy with the results of my first two attempts. There is an example of what the finished product would look like on the packaging and the two that I made are roughly the same size as that. When I stood there at the shop deciding which one to buy, I selected the Extra Large one because it seemed easier to manage at the time. From experience, sewing smaller things tend to be fiddly and I didn’t wish to be frustrated when attempting something new. In the end, I didn’t think that size really mattered because the Yo-Yo Maker makes the whole process so easy. I am however surprised that the finished product really did turn out to be as small as pictured on the packaging. And when I first unfolded the printed instructions, my first impression was, “Gee, I am not going to like this. There are just way too many steps.” It was after closer scrutiny that I realised that I only need to read a quarter of the instructions sheet because the rest are in other European languages. PHEW! The instructions are indeed very detailed. In my opinion, I think that maybe they can summarize it a little to make it less ‘repetitive’. Now that I know how to make yo-yos with this gadget, I am not sure how I could use them in my projects. That’s something to think about.

On another note, the spectators are loud tonight. I not only hear fireworks but I can also hear the cheers of a large crowd from either Etihad Stadium or MCG. I am just too lazy to step outside to find out. May be Richmond is finally defeating whoever they are playing against tonight. LOL.

No comments: