Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cute Magic Pudding Statues


When we were out walking on the Tan Track last Friday, we snuck into the Ian Potter Foundation Children’s Garden @ the RBG to take photos of these beautiful statues of the characters from a popular children’s book called “The Magic Pudding”. We didn’t really sneak in. Two gardeners were near the front gate when we marched in. They saw us and one of them even smiled. So, it is obvious to them that we entered without any little humans and it didn’t seem to be a problem or they would have asked us to leave. That was the first time I entered the Children’s Garden and we stayed only long enough to take a few snaps of the statues. How I wish to hang around to see if the award winning garden is an ideal place for me to take photos of plants for my pretty empty Montessori Botany box. I am aware that there is the rest of RBG for me and other adults to enjoy but I really do wish to learn more about the design of the Children’s Garden. I often wonder how they select the plants and whether they relied on any child development principles. Maybe one day a book about it will be released.

Note: Before and after we entered the Children’s Garden, M read the information erected near the gate. We are pretty sure that there was no mention that adults not accompanied with children were not allowed. In the website, there is a little note reminding adults that they are solely responsible for actively supervising children and keeping them safe while in the garden.


No comments: