Sunday, June 7, 2009

I Guess I am Really Moving On

Today is the 7th of June. In the past year, I have always written a post that has something to do with my Guinea Pig on the 7th of each month. It was like a mourning process. Today, I didn’t even think about the date until just now! I guess that I am ready to move on but that doesn’t mean that I will simply forget about our little friend who played an important part of my/our life/lives for nearly 5 years. We still speak of him every day.

I watched half an episode of Martha last Monday and in it I saw a little sea otter by the name of Gracie getting fed by her keeper. Gracie was floating around on her back and was using her chest as a little table top. When she was handed a bit of crab, she went over to the side of the rock pool and proceeded to bash the crab’s claw against the rocks to crack it open to retrieve the meat inside. Who says little animals are not inventive? That sea otter was using a tool. We humans are not the only ones using tools in our daily lives. If I had a lot to type on the computer, my Guinea Pig used to join me in making a similar tapping sound by playing with the marble stopper inside his water bottle. He would do it and then turn to look at me. LOL. We humans have a tendency to not just underestimate little humans but animals all the time.

No comments: