Friday, June 26, 2009

Ice Skating & Some Kind of Light Show

A synthetic ice rink is being set up at QV square for people to try a bit of ice skating. It wasn’t ready when we were there this afternoon. According to the glossy flyer we were handed, the event starts tomorrow and each half hour session costs $7.50 per adult. I am not very keen to give it a go. Ice skating was one of the first things I was introduced to when I went to boarding school and I have to admit that I wasn’t good at it at all. When I wasn’t falling all over the place and worried that I was going to get my fingers sliced off by someone else’s blades, I was daydreaming about this prefect that I really liked. How could a girl concentrate with him around? LOL. This rink at QV seems pretty small. I guess it would be ideal for introducing the sport to little children. In the picture, the lady with the red pants looked like she was sharpening the blades.

What are these people doing? I wanted to find out but M just wanted to get home. The display is called Volume and it is at Fed Square. People get on stage to get up close and personal with the LED columns. I saw a guy touching the lights. I also saw a woman pressing her ear against a column. It seemed to me that the colours of the columns were changing to the beat of loud music. This is not the only display at the square. There are at least another two and one of them featured the different shapes of human eyes from around the world. We will have to go back on another day to properly investigate this event.


We were also given these mini lollybags when we were leaving Fed Square. It is always nice to receive Freebies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is what I call cooling things down in this hot, humid weather!!!!!

Priscilla said...

Hi, I don't really like hot humid weather either. I should be use to it because I grew up pretty much on the Equator.

Priscilla said...

Ooops! I forgot to turn the word 'use' into its past tense form in the previous comment. It should have been 'used'.