Tuesday, April 7, 2009

11 Months On & the Colder Days Are Fast Approaching

Today marks 11 months since our Guinea Pig left. That’s nearly a year ago! I remember wondering how I was going to get through Winter last year. And when I saw on TV what the company that handled my Guinea Pig’s cremation did to some pets just days before the Olympics (an event I was privately looking forward to), I thought my world had collapsed. The dark wintry days didn’t help one bit either. Winter used to be my favourite season because where I grew up; it was hot all year round. But since 2006, Winter has been pretty sad for some reason or another. I get teary and feel like a complete failure more than ever. Last year was particularly tough because I missed our Guinea Pig. Luckily Spring came and things became gradually bearable. Last month went quickly though. I was preoccupied with my dad’s surgery, so stressed out that I didn’t even dream of my Guinea Pig! LOL.

The night time temperature is certainly plummeting. I found myself digging for my Winter pyjamas on Sunday night. When I went to buy some groceries yesterday (because we didn’t do a good job last Friday), I had to wear an undershirt under my T-shirt and on the way home, I had to put a polar fleece jacket on. So is it time to switch the Doonas over? I am just not sure. It was warmish last week and coolish the week before that but this week so far seems a lot cooler. After years of living in Australia, I am still not quite sure what’s coming and what’s going in terms of Melbourne’s weather. The cool blast in Autumn could be just like the warm surprise in Spring. It’s like a mini experience to prepare everyone for what is likely to come in the next season.

The thought of Winter reminds me of something I have been wanting to get. No, it’s not a whole new Winter wardrobe but I did see a few pieces (BOSS Orange) at a fashion show (free event) that I really, really want. Living a frugal life can be very boring sometimes and living so close to the city, I am also constantly blasted with all sorts of temptations almost on a daily basis. I will spend the next few days deciding if I should get this item for Winter and if I do, I will blog about it. It’s not something pricey but it does have a higher price tag than other similar items in that shop. LOL.

1 comment:

shinshu life said...

Ohhh I feel for you! Winter in Melbourne can be very bleak. But look after yourself, keep warm, treat yourself to that new jacket and look forward to Spring!!