Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Completed Finally


Way back in June last year I blogged about making a pouch. I remember promising to blog about it once it was completed. Well, after nearly a year, I have finally completed the project. It took me a few hours to put it all together. I originally planned to make the pouch from scratch by creating the pattern myself, but that didn’t eventuate because I ended up buying some patterns during a sale and one pattern featured this pouch.

The pouch is made to hold my Guinea Pig’s urn and because of that M and I wanted fabrics featuring a theme that is relevant to our charismatic pet. We had wanted a fabric with a vegetable patch print or one with prints of cucumbers or parsley. We looked everywhere and found this carrot one. Our Guinea Pig loved carrots too. After we found the carrot fabric, we had difficulty finding a second fabric. We even had difficulty deciding what colour to buy for the ribbons and once we had settled for green, we were unable to find any grosgrain ribbon in that colour.

The project was on and off for a while until my world came crashing down for a second time in late July when I found out what could have happened to my Guinea Pig’s cremation. That was when it was put on hold indefinitely because I was too distressed to want to spend hours making something for a little friend who may or may not be inside the urn. Things have been finally returning to normal in the last month or two. While I am yet to be totally convinced that he is indeed inside the urn, I felt like I was ready to attempt this project again. So I spent a good few hours making the pouch yesterday. It was fun.

M was happy to see the product when he came home from work. Apparently the first thought that came into his head was: “Cool! She has finally got off her bum and made something beautiful.” Sewing is fun. Now that I have completed this pouch, I am feeling confident again and am ready to start working on the patterns I bought last week.

No comments: