Friday, April 10, 2009

Yakini Escaped!


I just saw on the news that our favourite gorilla went walkabout. He managed to climb out of his enclosure. The zookeepers lured him with bananas before sedating him with a dart gun. OUCH!

Yakini was born at Melbourne Zoo on November 20, 1999 by caesarean section. We were there at the zoo for his first birthday. He was playing with shredded paper and climbing on a red, plastic climbing frame in a playroom set up just for him. We have recent pictures of him and his half siblings but I believe that there is a rule that we are not allowed to load pictures of anything inside the zoo without their consent. So, I am posting a picture of a book about Yakini instead. I hope the photographer and author won’t mind as I am also ‘promoting’ the book. I don’t know what is more precious; the many wonderful pictures of Yakini’s facial expressions or the reactions of little humans when they see Yakini’s reactions to having a stethoscope placed on his little chest.

No comments: