Thursday, February 12, 2009

Scored a Good Buy

While I was out today, I dropped by the supermarket to buy a few items. Since I was on my own, I was free to hang around a bit longer to study the price of some things. We normally do not buy laundry powders with fancy brands but today I spotted a 2kg box of Drive Advanced Concentrate for just $5.99. Not only did my glasses nearly fell off my face, I think my eyes nearly pop out as well. That’s 70¢ dearer than a 2kg box of Homebrand Concentrate. According to a sticker on the box, it looks like the product is about to go for a facelift including a formula change (2X concentrate). $5.34 off normal recommended retail price is really quite a catch. I think I will go back tomorrow to get a couple more. I will have to be speedy because now that the Chinese New Year is over, the students (the International Student population) are back for another year at Uni.

I am still quite disappointed for not buying a 10kg bucket of Cold Power Advance for $27 from Big W at the end of 2008. There were stacks of them on display but I was taking my own sweet time. Before I knew it, the offer was over! At $27, that’s $2.70 per kilo! A 10kg bucket would last us a year or more. Today the same bucket is about $35 - $38, I think.

No comments: