Sunday, June 15, 2008

Slow Brain

I am in the process of making a simple pouch from scratch. By that I mean making it by creating the pattern myself instead of buying one from a craft shop. First I wanted a pouch that opens up to a circle but then I saw an octagonal cushion in a pattern book on Friday and thought I could easily make a pouch that opens up to an octagon. As soon as I got my chores done yesterday, I set out to create a pattern. Not long after I started, I toyed with the idea of turning the octagon into a flower shape with 8 petals. I then took a longish break to think about this but it made things worse. It was just impossible to make up my mind. I came away thinking that I might try making a flower shape with only four petals instead. My brain was just so slow. It was probably on sleep mode because of the cold weather. Worse, it might have been slow because of age! Scary! Only a quarter of an octagon was needed to create the two required pattern pieces and it took me unbelievably long to do just that. The pouch is of course not completed yet but I will definitely blog about it once it is ready.

No comments: