Sunday, June 1, 2008

Missing My Guinea Pig

This is my first entry and I am sorry that it will be a sad one. At around this time 4 weeks ago, I had just completed a little sewing project - a special birthday blankie for my Guinea Pig's cage and was putting things away. My Guinea Pig asked for my attention. He tried to squeak - his way of telling me that he wanted a 'chat'. I told him to wait as I needed to put away the iron & ironing board and to tidy up my desk. He was in a happy mood. As I walked past his cage, he followed me and waited at the corner closes to where I work. From there, he called out again for my attention. I remember thinking that his voice was coming back. Once I completed my chores, I went over to pat him. We had a little chat and then the rest was just the usual 'night-night' routine and then I was off to bed myself. I think I did a little bit of reading in bed. Little did I know then that was the last time my little Guinea Pig requested for my attention in such a lively fashion. I never imagine I can feel so sad when he died. In fact, I didn't think he was going away so soon.

No comments: