Friday, January 8, 2010

The Need To Chill

Today is only the first day of the heatwave and here I am feeling gloomy already. We are only 8 days into the new year! I hope this is not a sign of me giving up before I even get started again. It doesn't help that M is very busy over the weekend. I should be alright by Monday. M and I are going to pick up my first lot of Christmas Pressies. We are also going to order my second lot of Christmas Pressies that same day. It took me a long time to decide what M should get me for Christmas and by the time I finally made up my mind, both vendors were shut for the festive season!

Newsflash: I just heard on TV that Dokkoon is very likely to give birth over this weekend! Despite my current gloomy state, I am truly happy for this elephant and can't wait to see her baby. I hope the zookeepers will keep her comfy. Imagine giving birth during a heatwave!

2 comments:

achan said...

Imagine giving birth!! imagine being pregnant for that long - which is worse!!!

I'm going to have a look too

Priscilla said...

OMG Achan, Dokkoon the Diva had finally given birth about 24 hrs ago. The baby is a girl! The baby in Sydney is a boy and his name is Luk Chai. I think they are half siblings. Kulab ( I think that is how to spell her name)- Dokkoon's close friend (LOL) will be giving birth in August. The new baby is very cute. I hope they will look after Dokkoon.