Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Behaving Like A Green Spoilt Brat

I was behaving like a spoilt brat that was also totally green with envy all weekend. I had originally intended to spend a happy weekend shopping with M but by Friday evening, my Christmas spirit of giving went out the window.

We went shopping for gift cards and food items to make hampers in the city on Saturday. We went to Target to buy Coles Myer gift cards but the only ones available had “Happy Birthday” printed on them and the rest (including Christmas themed ones) were cards useable at Target only. So, we bought only two. M wanted to buy his brother a gift card from Bunnings instead. After stopping by Borders, we went to buy lollipops from Suga and chocolates from Haigh’s. According to M, I was carrying on like something had stuck up my rear end and he suggested that we go buy a plunger!

We went to Highpoint again on Sunday. The place was quite crowded by the time we got there. With his family’s gifts mostly sorted out, except for the Bunnings gift card, I was supposed to enjoy myself but found myself increasingly green with envy. The more shops we entered, the more things I seemed to think I ‘needed’ and was unwilling to part with the cash to buy. I simply did not wish to spend our own hard earned cash. A part of me is hoping that we too are entitled to free money to waste but another part of me is thinking that my parents never raised me to live like that. On the way out of the shopping centre, we suddenly remembered that we had to cross the busy road to buy a gift card from Bunnings. It was warm and we were fed up. So, we changed our mind and headed back to the city. We went back to Target hoping to get another gift card from them but it was already closed. You would think that they would have extended hours at this time of the year!

M is all set for Christmas and New Year. He has got his outfits and a ‘Get Smart – Season 1’ DVD that he has already unsealed and viewed last night. As for me, I haven’t got myself a single thing as yet. Even the mascot has a new outfit. I guess I am still really hoping that some one not related to me would buy me pressies simply because it is a way to prop up the economy. LOL. That is one Christmas wish that will never happen for people like us. LOL.

No comments: