Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This Old Man




ARTPLAY recently used this tree in one of its ads. In the picture from the ad, I could see the boat sheds in the background. This meant that the tree must have been on the north bank. So, I went looking for the old man (referring to the tree) when I went for a walk along the river. I kept thinking that it was the trunk of one of those tall gum trees and couldn’t find it at first. Since it was part of an ad for ARTPLAY, I thought that it must be a tree near the facility. As you can see here, I found it. These pictures were taken today but I found the tree a few weeks ago.

ARTPLAY is another reason why I can’t wait to be a mum. There are so many activities for children and it is only a short walk from our pigeon hole. The place was closed when I was there this afternoon but even if it was open, I don’t think I would be welcomed for now. It is clearly stated at the back of their program guide that children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult and all adults must be accompanied by a child. Since I haven’t participated in any of the activities they offer, I can’t vouch for the quality but I like checking out their program guide every now and then to read about the activities on offer. They all seem pretty interesting. In the Winter 2009 guide, there is even an activity called Shadowplay for Adults! If we had a child, I can see M taking him or her to the Playmation workshop. There weren’t things like this where I grew up. How I wish to be able to observe these activities and perhaps implement something similar in our project.

No comments: