Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Turned Into a Mouse

Today is the 7th and as always I blog a little about my Guinea Pig on this day each month. I recently discovered a blogger who keeps multiple Guinea Pigs (+ other pets) and have been popping into her blog quite regularly to keep up with the latest news. After reading about that blogger’s recent post on the escapades of her son’s mice, I dreamt that my little Guinea Pig had turned into a mouse on Saturday night. LOL. Yes, my dreams can be quite bizarre.

In the dream, my Guinea Pig looked the way he was except that he was small enough to fit on the palm of my hand. He had escaped from his cage and was all over the living room. We tried to catch him, worried that he might run out to the balcony and fall to his death over the edge. Guinea Mouse he might have turned into but I was told that Guinea Pigs have poor eye sight and have difficulties differentiating heights. At one stage he somehow got himself up on the clothes rack and was hanging on one line for dear life. The vision of him holding onto the clothesline with his front paws looked suspiciously familiar. When I got up, I had a little laugh at what I just dreamt about. It was later in the day that I realised where that familiar vision of my Guinea Pig holding onto the clothesline came from. Around the time when the Olympics was on last year, I saw a series of photographs of Guinea Pigs doing sports and one of them was of a Piggy holding up weights. It looked just like my Guinea Pig holding onto the clothesline in my dream. LOL.

I sound like I am getting on with my life but there are still moments when I become incredibly sad, thinking about where his final resting place could be. In moments like this, I also get incredibly angry at those people who might have ruined my Guinea Pig’s final journey. The problem is that there is no absolute certainty whether these people did the right or wrong thing. There is no absolute way of proving what had or had not happened. I do try my very best to focus on all the good times we had with out little friend though. He was very cute and was such a good companion.

No comments: