Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Still No Sign of Our Photo Book Yet!

In a post last week, I mentioned our wild goose chase to Big W to pick up the Photo Book we ordered. Well, we were told to come back on Monday but because we weren’t able to get there that day we gave them a few extra days to sort out the problem. We went down to Big W last Thursday. I was full of excitement. We even went to the washroom to wash our hands prior entering Big W because I didn’t want our dirty hands to mark the photo book. As we approached the photo service counter, I dragged Moosh to the bikes display to inform him that I saw a lady at the counter. I just didn’t want to be served by that other guy again. But guess what? It didn’t matter who was serving. She too didn’t have anything for us! She looked everywhere and then came back to inform us that there must have been a problem with our order. She offered to chase it up for us and promised to call us on Friday to let us know what had happened. We were disappointed. As I watched her searching everywhere for our photo book, I had already resigned to the fact that it wasn’t there for pick up.

How much bad luck surrounds my poor little Guinea Pig? This photo book is meant to be about him but even it too has gone missing. At this stage, I don’t even feel safe about the photo files we have uploaded at the store to make the photo book and was wondering if the files can be sold on to other people without our consent. While it is a breach of copyright to develop downloaded photos belonging to other people, is it a breach of some kind of copyright law if people with poor work ethics sell their customers’ photo files to others? I am not saying that this has happened. I am just wondering aloud about the rights of a customer’s photo files when they are uploaded into those machines. A Guinea Pig is just a small disposable furry pet to many but imagine if a customer’s precious baby photos were sold on without their consent. That will certainly be a safety concern, won’t it? Again, this is just me wondering aloud.

Anyway, the lady from Big W did call back as promised last Friday. She left us a long message because we weren’t home to pick up the phone. Apparently, our photo book was damaged during the printing process and she has re-ordered another copy for us. I wonder who found out that the book was damaged. Was it the printing company or Big W? If it was damaged, why wasn’t one re-ordered right away? Why does a customer have to twice attempt to pick up the item before he/she is told later that the item is damaged and has to be re-ordered? Is it really damaged or has one copy gone missing? This is just me wondering aloud again. Of course, answers to such questions will never be known. Imagine if I rocked up in person and start asking such questions. I would have been branded the worst customer in the southern hemisphere. Back to the message left by the lady. We were also asked to pick up the photo book next Friday (12/09). Because we won’t be able to make it that day, we will have to wait till Sunday instead. I hope they won’t let us down again.

No comments: