Thursday, July 3, 2008

‘Boring Housewife Look’

While looking for a gift at Big W, I overheard a lady describing how ugly the shopper trolleys look and was adamant to not ever be seen using one. She was referring to the exact model that we bought. That was the only type there. While she is entitled to her opinion, I am glad to learn that I am finally beginning to grow out of pleasing strangers. Instead of being constantly bothered by how people see me if I use a certain thing, I am increasingly thinking that it is quite OK at my age to value practicality a little higher than just the looks of things. This is definitely a pro in the ageing process. The shopper trolley makes it so much easier for me or M to wheel the groceries home. With so many of them being wheeled around on the streets, it is obvious that many people agree on their practicality as well.

No comments: