Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas Everyone

I have just finished ironing a small pile of clothes and before Taggart starts at 8:30 pm, I thought I come in here to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! My day has been OK so far. I got up early to cook a hearty Christmas breakfast of Bacon, eggs, tomatoes and toasts for the two of us before we walked to the church for a midday service. We missed the 11:30 am mass featuring the National Boys Choir by a couple of minutes so we waited for the next one at 12:30 pm.
-
The photo is of the Nativity Scene displayed in MYER. The photo was taken back in November well before the window was smashed. One drongo or a pack of drongoes smashed the window last week and the Nativity Scene had to be moved to another window on Lonsdale St. We walked past it today and it was fine. Since today is a good day, I shall refrain from criticizing people with appalling behaviours. Other than the Nativity Scene at the Catholic Bookshop (also on Lonsdale), this is the only other one that is on public display for all to see that I know of in Melbourne.

3 comments:

achan said...

Merry Christmas-mat the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you throughout the coming year.

Pity you missed the boys choir I think they would sound wonderful but still there is nothing like going to church in an old church.

I remember about 15 years ago that Westfields removed nativity scenes from their shopping centers because some people don't celebrate Christmas. Many people complained because without Christ there is no CHRISTmas so the following year they put them back. They are not always big though!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas P = ) Hope your day was a good one = )

Priscilla said...

Merry Christmas Achan!

Moosh and I believe that there are people out there stirring trouble by accusing certain people of not liking Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you too Girl Japan!

Its really nice for you two to leave me comments. I just received a short email from another online friend. So yeah, it is really nice that there are three people out there who remembered me!